Caz here with this weeks challenge. Theme is Dust it off....You must use something youve not used for a long time, or something sat in cupboard that youve not used before...Must mention what the item is on blog post..Go on go grab all them bits youve put away and Dust them of..lol..
Our sponsor this week is Tiddly Inks..
Prize is $10 Gift Certificate
I am a self-trained illustrator who likes simple, cute and quirky drawings with a sense of humor. I draw what amuses me, which means some days it is quirky and cute and other days I come up with a bit of twisted gothic feel. I hope you like them as much as I do. My personal professional illustration portfolio can be found athttp://christycroll.com.
Personally, I hate doing dishes and folding laundry, so my house is often a mess...but I try every once in a while to clean it as quickly as I can---don't look behind the pile in the closet. LOL I have one daughter who makes me smile, inspires me, and drives me batty as she is too smart to be her age. LOL For so many reasons, she is my everything and most of my illustrations revolve around something she did or said. The rest of the time, they are inspired by other people's kids and animals...maybe yours.
My life is too short not to be doing something I love, and that is what art is for me: It makes me smile; it makes me laugh and without a doubt it is something I love. And if my art makes you smile, then I have just doubled the fun.
I type the way I think, so it will be filled with typos and dot dot dots....see? Bear with me...it is part of my charming personality (sure it is!!! :D).
See ya around here often...I hope. I love comments, so just say hi if you want to make me smile.
Now onto some inspiration from the lovely DT..
Guest DT - Annette
Purple feather - from 2002, (they were scattered on the tables at a friend's wedding and a couple 'fell' into my handbag at the end of the evening reception - whoopsies)
Purple cherry blossom - I think they were on my very first order from Wild Orchid Crafts and I dread to think how long ago that was!
Stickles - bought last summer when I was on holiday in Cornwall (I know how to live the high life!!!)
Purple pearls - at least a year old
I recieved some transparency cardstock stickers with a sea theme once and I have never used them and have already had them for ages. The tag, shell stickers and the transparant sea theme on to the yellow paper is from that stack. I've also used some old dp leftovers that I used last time last summer I think, and they make perfect waves.I haven't used those chipboards since last summer either.
- Butterfly punch not been used for ages, also ice blue stickles on wing,and colouring pencil for grass.
- (small purple flowers I've had in my stash for years!)
- I used Feathers and flowers that I have had for a long time.
- (Used gold glamour dust it was a must have many months ago and sat on my shelf ever since)
- Dusted of items - Image was a freebie ages ago, button and twine have been in my stash for ages and I haven't used my embossing folder for a while.
- Dusted off item is Glitter Card!
- Dusted Off Items- Card Candy,Lace & Ribbon, Sentiment Stamp.
- Dusted off items- digi bought on a whim because I loved it then realised I didn't know anyone who would appreciate it; Maryanne flower die used once last year; black glitter glue never used - took 10 minutes to unblock the nozzle because it was all dried up!
- Karen C
- The bats and spider are from a rub-on transfer set I've never even opened, but they have been sitting around for who knows how long??
So come on lets see all them items youve not used in ages..
Caz and IW DT..xx
Great theme for this weeks challenge and fab cards from the DT.ReplyDelete
Thanks for pushing me to get the shrink plastic out again and having another go!!
Ohh look forward to seeing what you make with your shrink Catherine!!ReplyDelete
Awesome creations girls hugs me xx
fabulous idea for a challenge and wonderful DT cardsReplyDelete
wow, your cards are adorable. Thanks so much for letting me play along as a guest this week. Love you all !!ReplyDelete
Thanks for a great challenge and for such lovely DT inspiration. Judy xReplyDelete
Wonderful challenge, thank you for giving me the inspiration to use my ollllld buttons :) Lovely designs from the team.ReplyDelete
Fabulous Tiddly Inks cards from the DT!ReplyDelete
Thanks for the inspiration, great challenge - it's nice to go rummaging through your stash for forgotten items!ReplyDelete
Been a while since I was here. Great to see the blog is doing well :-)ReplyDelete
Just placed mine.ReplyDelete
It's dusty on the design paper..
hope you like it. Typical summer card with only PINK colours..